OBaS – Integrity: boards and policies
In this episode we see the chair of the integrity committee mentioning several facets of her task to Professor Ponter. It seems that Ponter was not aware of this committee and of the scientific integrity policy. Can this unawareness be considered as acting with scientific integrity?
Can you find information on the following questions:
- Does your university have an integrity committee?
- Does your university have a policy or guidelines on scientific integrity?
- Does your field have explicit policies or guidelines?
- Where can you go if you have an issue concerning scientific integrity?
- Who is the confidential advisor of your institute?
More information on codes of conduct and policies can be found in the lesson Codes of Conduct and Policies.