Call for Papers
The PRINTEGER European Conference on Research Integrity: Why Research Integrity Matters to You, is seeking proposals reflecting the various themes of research integrity.
Highlighted topics include:
- Integrity Challenges
- Media: Which forms of misconduct receive most attention? From which fields? How extensive do the media report on these cases?
- Deviance in Science: What are motivations and drivers?
- Peer-review Processes: How is quality control maintained in the face of current challenges? What is the role of the peer review system, which, according to many, is facing a crisis in its own right? Can journals play their role as gatekeepers and supervisor?
- Institutional Perspectives on Research Integrity: Institutional response to misconduct – fair procedures?
- Conceptual Issues: Important developments and policy regimes guidelines, ethical codes, and policy instruments
- Legal Aspects of Misconduct: The extent and incidence of misconduct, codes and legislation addressing misconduct or integrity
Presentations are expected to have a duration of 20 minutes, followed by short discussions. Posters may be taken into consideration as well.
To apply, please send your paper (500 words) indicating your topic in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include your CV.
- Prof Dr Hub Zwart, Professor of Philosophy at the Faculty of Science (Radboud University Nijmegen, SKU) and scientific director of the Centre for Society and the Life Sciences (CSG).
- Dr Willem Halffman, lecturer at the Institute for Science, Innovation, and Society, at the Radboud University, Nijmegen.
- Prof. Dr Margit Sutrop, Head of the Institute of Philosophy and Semiotics, and the dean of the Faculty of Philosophy at University of Tartu.
- Prof. Dr Serge Gutwirth, full Professor at VUB’s Faculty of Law and Criminology and leading LSTS at Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB)
- Prof. Dr Jenneke Christiaens, full professor at the VUB’s Faculty of Law and Criminology, member of the Criminology Department and chair of the Crime & Society Research Group (VUB)
- Prof. Dr Gloria González Fuster, research professor at VUB.
- Dr Eric Breit, senior researcher at Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences.
- Prof. Ruud ter Meulen, Director/Chair at the Centre for Ethics in Medicine, University of Bristol.
- Prof. Dr Massimiano Bucchi, professor of Science and Technology in Society and of Science Communication, University of Trento.
- Dr Thed van Leeuwen, senior researcher at the Centre for Science and Technology Studies (CWTS) of Leiden University.
Dr Sarah de Rijcke, assistant professor at CWTS of Leiden University.